According to the description of the video on YouTube, the owner of this Z06 in what looks to be Germany was having some photos taken of his ominous-looking ride. Upon completing the shoot, the driver discovered that the ‘Vette’s (aftermarket) battery died, but a fellow driver was courteous to lend a jump. Upon attaching the jumper cables and starting the car, a fire ignited (you can still see the jumper cable laying on the asphalt behind the ‘Vette).
Man does watching this beautiful machine and its 7.0 liter LS7 get consumed by fire hurt.
The good news? The owner’s insurance company reimbursed the full amount of necessary repairs, which looks to be some melted components in the engine bay and a new hood.