Over the last several months, we’ve received many emails (and even phone calls) asking about the General Motors Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) program. What does it do? How much it does cost? Where is it available? We’ll try to address those questions — and more — in this article.
For starters, GM CPO is a benefits package for used General Motors products including Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC. GM CPO, also known as Owner Care, does not apply to Cadillac vehicles, since Caddy has its own pre-owned program called Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned that differs slightly. GM CPO includes the following elements:
- 2-Year/30,000-Mile Standard Maintenance Plan: starting with the delivery of your GM CPO vehicle, the plan provides a 2-year or 30,000-mile standard vehicle maintenance that includes tire rotations, multi-point vehicle inspections, and oil changes (based on the vehicle’s Oil Life Monitor system).
- Two Warranties: a 12-month/12,000-mile bumper-t0-bumper warranty plus a 5-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty.
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation
- 3-Day/150-Mile Customer Satisfaction Guarantee (this one varies by state)
- 3-month trials of OnStar and SiriusXM Satellite Radio
- Be a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Pontiac, or Saturn
- Be within current, plus 5-model years
- Be within a maximum of 75,000 miles
- Pass GM’s 172-point Vehicle Inspection and Reconditioning Process
- Possess al of its original equipment and be working as new
- Have a clean title
- Come with a Vehicle History Report