With construction starting next week, General Motors will spend $200 million on a brand-new stamping facility in Arlington, Texas as a part of the company’s manufacturing complex, where GM’s full-sized SUVs are built. The new stamping facility will generate 180 jobs on its own, and will save GM around $40 million a year in logistics costs alone. This means that the stamping plant will pay for itself in a mere five years. The facility will go online in 2013, and is additional to the $331 million in retooling announced back in May 2011 for the Arlington manufacturing complex.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Sonic Music Video Planned For The Super Bowl
- Next story Cadillac To Show Off XTS “Black Car” February 13 In Las Vegas
You may also like...
King Felipe VI Of Spain Visits Opel’s Zaragoza Plant
General Motors Announces $174M Investment In Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant
General Motors Announces $240 Million Expansion Project In Argentina
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- And Now, All 10 Colors Of The 2015 Corvette C7 Z06: Feature SpotlightOctober 1, 2014
- 1968 Pontiac Firebird Battles Camaro-Based Lingenfelter TA: VideoSeptember 30, 2014
- Lucky Bidder Wins Elvis Presley’s Honeymoon 1967 Cadillac Coupe De VilleSeptember 30, 2014
- 2014 ProCharger Chevrolet SS Boosts Sedan To 610+ HPSeptember 30, 2014
- Happy Birthday! Knight Rider Is Now 32 Years OldSeptember 30, 2014
- Johan De Nysschen Fires Back At HatersSeptember 30, 2014
- The First Problem With The Cadillac CT6: It’s Not Greater Than 7 (Series) Or 8 (A8): OpinionSeptember 26, 2014
- New Sixth-Generation 2016 Camaro Rendering Continues To Entertain The ThoughtSeptember 5, 2014
- Cadillac Introduces New Naming Convention With CT6 Name For Omega FlagshipSeptember 24, 2014
- U.S.-Market Chevy TrailBlazer RenderedSeptember 27, 2014
- Poll: Are You A Fan Of Cadillac’s New Naming Scheme?September 25, 2014
- We Render The Second-Gen Cadillac CTS CoupeSeptember 22, 2014
- opc on:2015 Opel Corsa OPC Spied Testing, Possibly Debuting In Paris
- johnls_39 on:Cadillac’s Alphabet Soup Naming System Won’t Affect Escalade
- johnls_39 on:Not Everyone Buying Into Cadillac’s Move To NYC
- skippyss on:Not Everyone Buying Into Cadillac’s Move To NYC
- kafantaris on:The Future Of The Cadillac ELR According To Boss Johan de Nysschen
- DenMor on:Want A Clear Spy Shot Of The 2016 Camaro? You’re Welcome
Recent Forum Discussions
- Light Duty Diesel maybe in the works again?
- IntelliLink radio keeps freezing on 2014 Buick Verano
- Can You Add Slacker Radio To The Screen Widgets?
- 2006 Corvette that burned up
- 2015 Corvette auto door locks
- Where to find Engine block and Head I.D.’s
- harness kit for 95 olds regency
- replacing factory HU with a Mylink HU in a 2010 equinox
- MyLink will not bring up iphone SMS messages
- New 8-speed unfair to early buyers of 2015 Yukon Denali with 6.2L V8 L86