With construction starting next week, General Motors will spend $200 million on a brand-new stamping facility in Arlington, Texas as a part of the company’s manufacturing complex, where GM’s full-sized SUVs are built. The new stamping facility will generate 180 jobs on its own, and will save GM around $40 million a year in logistics costs alone. This means that the stamping plant will pay for itself in a mere five years. The facility will go online in 2013, and is additional to the $331 million in retooling announced back in May 2011 for the Arlington manufacturing complex.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Sonic Music Video Planned For The Super Bowl
- Next story Cadillac To Show Off XTS “Black Car” February 13 In Las Vegas
You may also like...
General Motors Planning New $37 Million Expansion Of Lansing Delta Township Plant
King Felipe VI Of Spain Visits Opel’s Zaragoza Plant
General Motors Announces $174M Investment In Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- 2600 HP Chevrolet Corvette C5 For Sale: eBay FindOctober 22, 2014
- 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Often Outpaced The Porsche 918 At C/D Lightning LapOctober 22, 2014
- Abbes Shows America How The Corvette Is Done In EuropeOctober 22, 2014
- The Cadillac CTS Vsport At Car and Driver’s Lightning LapOctober 22, 2014
- Auctions America To Auction 1937 Cadillac V16October 22, 2014
- The New Vauxhall Corsa vs. Ford Fiesta, VW PoloOctober 22, 2014
- The First Problem With The Cadillac CT6: It’s Not Greater Than 7 (Series) Or 8 (A8): OpinionSeptember 26, 2014
- Cadillac Introduces New Naming Convention With CT6 Name For Omega FlagshipSeptember 24, 2014
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro: This Is Probably ItOctober 11, 2014
- Buick And Cadillac Continue To Attract The Oldest BuyersOctober 3, 2014
- U.S.-Market Chevy TrailBlazer RenderedSeptember 27, 2014
- MT Answers Whether The New Mustang GT Has Surpassed The Camaro SS: VideoOctober 15, 2014
- johnls_39 on:General Motors Well-Represented In 2015 Motor Trend SUV Of The Year Testing
- johnls_39 on:Auctions America To Auction 1937 Cadillac V16
- opc on:Abbes Shows America How The Corvette Is Done In Europe
- What to do After a Crash on:Accident Watch: Man Parks Cadillac CTS On Neighbor’s Roof
- Stephen Marcus on:The New Vauxhall Corsa vs. Ford Fiesta, VW Polo
- Ken on:Community Question: What Do You Think Of GM’s Stance On The “Anti-Tesla” Bill?
Recent Forum Discussions
- Bluetooth microphone problems
- Bluetooth for 2007 Avalanche
- Social Media: LinkedIn
- 2015 Corvette 8-Speed Transmission Slippage
- Intellilink issues with iPod Classic
- Mary, help me track my GMC!
- GMC Terrain 2012 and Galaxy S5
- Bluetooth 'not available' in 2014 malibu
- Regal GS 20" wheels with Brembos
- 2015 Corvette Berlin Blue Color (GXH)