With construction starting next week, General Motors will spend $200 million on a brand-new stamping facility in Arlington, Texas as a part of the company’s manufacturing complex, where GM’s full-sized SUVs are built. The new stamping facility will generate 180 jobs on its own, and will save GM around $40 million a year in logistics costs alone. This means that the stamping plant will pay for itself in a mere five years. The facility will go online in 2013, and is additional to the $331 million in retooling announced back in May 2011 for the Arlington manufacturing complex.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Sonic Music Video Planned For The Super Bowl
- Next story Cadillac To Show Off XTS “Black Car” February 13 In Las Vegas
You may also like...
General Motors Announces $174M Investment In Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant
General Motors To Invest $10 Million In Swartz Creek Distribution Facility
Governor Perry Celebrates General Motors’ 2015 SUVs
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- General Motors CIO Randy Mott Answers Five Questions About The General’s IT In-SourcingAugust 28, 2014
- Shanghai OnStar Launches Services On China’s WeChat Social Networking AppAugust 28, 2014
- Chevrolet Confirms 2015 Tahoe And Suburban Z71 ProductionAugust 28, 2014
- Buick Unveils 2016 Envision Crossover In ChinaAugust 28, 2014
- Opel Announces Prices For Fifth-Generation CorsaAugust 28, 2014
- OnStar RemoteLink App Celebrates Milestone With 1M Active UsersAugust 28, 2014
- Cadillac LTS Flagship To Debut In NYCAugust 7, 2014
- General Motors To Halt Production At Lansing Grand River Following Slow ATS, CTS SalesAugust 9, 2014
- Cadillac XTS May Be Axed Following Introduction Of New Cadillac Full-Size SedanAugust 5, 2014
- Yes, Virginia, The 2015 CTS Loses Its Wreath In This New Official PhotoAugust 8, 2014
- Holy Sh** The Next Corvette ZR1 And C8 Could Actually Be Mid-EnginedAugust 14, 2014
- Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?August 28, 2014
- William on:Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?
- loveopel on:Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?
- Les on:Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?
- Jesse on:General Motors Recalls Certain Full-Size SUVs For Airbag Issue
- Stephen Marcus on:Buick Unveils 2016 Envision Crossover In China
- impy2ltz2014 on:GM Focused On Profitable Growth, Not Chasing Pointless Market Share
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2014 sierra parking gear reamains in neutral
- '14 Impala (new style) base radio audio quality issue
- MyLink USB/Flash Drive and Music library
- 2015 Suburban adaptive cruise control issues
- Bluetooth not working on my 2014 Buick Encore
- 2014 Impala Recall GM Recall # N140476 Remedy not yet available.
- 2015 Yukon XL Denali Issues
- Exhaust outlet stains on CTS Vsport
- Brake dust on CTS Vsport performance brakes
- Saturn ion ignition switch