With construction starting next week, General Motors will spend $200 million on a brand-new stamping facility in Arlington, Texas as a part of the company’s manufacturing complex, where GM’s full-sized SUVs are built. The new stamping facility will generate 180 jobs on its own, and will save GM around $40 million a year in logistics costs alone. This means that the stamping plant will pay for itself in a mere five years. The facility will go online in 2013, and is additional to the $331 million in retooling announced back in May 2011 for the Arlington manufacturing complex.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Sonic Music Video Planned For The Super Bowl
- Next story Cadillac To Show Off XTS “Black Car” February 13 In Las Vegas
You may also like...
General Motors Announces $174M Investment In Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant
General Motors Announces $240 Million Expansion Project In Argentina
General Motors Arlington Plant Running At Full Capacity
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Sources: All-New D2XX-Based Cruze To Be ‘Significantly Lighter’ Than Outgoing ModelSeptember 19, 2014
- 2014 Corvette Stingray With Forgiato Active Grille Looks For A Buyer: eBay FindSeptember 19, 2014
- Buffett: Bullish On GM, Impressed With CEO Mary Barra: VideoSeptember 19, 2014
- Opel Launches New Marketing Series For Vivaro Starring Mountaineer Reinhold Messner: VideoSeptember 19, 2014
- Newly Formed Indy Team Carpenter-Fisher-Hartman Racing Opts For Chevrolet PowerSeptember 19, 2014
- Chevrolet Launches 2015 Prisma Sedan In BrazilSeptember 19, 2014
- Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?August 28, 2014
- New Sixth-Generation 2016 Camaro Rendering Continues To Entertain The ThoughtSeptember 5, 2014
- Holden Commodore Replacement Reportedly Won’t Be Built In China, But EuropeAugust 29, 2014
- Community Question: For $80K, What General Motors Car Do You Buy?August 23, 2014
- General Motors U.S. Sales Down 1.24 Percent To 272,423 Units In August 2014: By The NumbersSeptember 3, 2014
- Reuss: Full-Size Cadillac Sedan To ‘Define Brand’ With Innovation And ExcellenceAugust 20, 2014
- usayjim on:Cadillac Boss de Nysschen Hints Brand’s Expansion To New York City (Updated)
- Eco_Turbo on:Sources: All-New D2XX-Based Cruze To Be ‘Significantly Lighter’ Than Outgoing Model
- Michael on:Holden Reported To Cut 400 Jobs By December
- Rick on:Sector 111 And Palatov Team Up For LS3-Powered Track Weapon
- Bing.Com on:General Motors Adds 2.7 Million More Vehicles To List Of Recalled Models
- scott3 on:2015 Mustang Sets The Performance Bar For Alpha 2016 Camaro To Match, Surpass
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2015 Corvette auto door locks
- Where to find Engine block and Head I.D.’s
- harness kit for 95 olds regency
- replacing factory HU with a Mylink HU in a 2010 equinox
- MyLink will not bring up iphone SMS messages
- New transmission is unfair to early buyers of L86(6.2) equipped vehicles.
- 2012 Terrain Nav RPT function won"t work
- Any Cadillac Convertibles to return?
- 2014 sierra parking gear reamains in neutral
- '14 Impala (new style) base radio audio quality issue