With construction starting next week, General Motors will spend $200 million on a brand-new stamping facility in Arlington, Texas as a part of the company’s manufacturing complex, where GM’s full-sized SUVs are built. The new stamping facility will generate 180 jobs on its own, and will save GM around $40 million a year in logistics costs alone. This means that the stamping plant will pay for itself in a mere five years. The facility will go online in 2013, and is additional to the $331 million in retooling announced back in May 2011 for the Arlington manufacturing complex.
- Previous story Chevy Sonic Music Video Planned For The Super Bowl
- Next story Cadillac To Show Off XTS “Black Car” February 13 In Las Vegas
You may also like...
General Motors To Add 150 Jobs To Flint Assembly Plant
New GM Stamping Plant In Arlington, Texas Presses Out First Parts
Opel Announces 8 Million Euro Investment Into Eisenach, Germany Plant For Adam Production
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- 2014 Silverado Wins Car And Driver Middle East’s Best 4×4 Of The YearDecember 5, 2013
- GM To Invest $24 Million To Become First Automaker To Generate Its Own Electricity In North AmericaDecember 5, 2013
- 2015 Corvette Z06, Engine Photo Leak Online?December 4, 2013
- 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Upset By Ram EcoDiesel For Truck Of The Year HonorsDecember 4, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: A Gorgeous Cadillac Eldorado ConvertibleDecember 4, 2013
- 2014 GMC Sierra Named As Canada’s Best New PickupDecember 4, 2013
- GM Extends Benefits To Employees In Same Sex MarriagesNovember 8, 2013
- Opel Chairman Agrees That There Needs To Be More Differentiation From ChevroletNovember 29, 2013
- Reuss: Upcoming Buick Flagship Described As “Much More Beautiful Panamera”November 7, 2013
- Akerson: Buick Flagship “Possible”November 18, 2013
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Looks To Rejuvenate Midsized Truck Segment With Tech, DieselNovember 19, 2013
- Chevrolet Teases 2015 Colorado Before LA DebutNovember 12, 2013
- Tim on:Mailbag: Jack Thinks The New Vette Is “An Ugly Car”
- Michael W on:Wordless Wednesday: A Gorgeous Cadillac Eldorado Convertible
- Manoli Katakis on:2014 Chevrolet Silverado, 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Upset By Ram EcoDiesel For Truck Of The Year Honors
- fastyle on:2014 Chevrolet Silverado, 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Upset By Ram EcoDiesel For Truck Of The Year Honors
- Manoli Katakis on:2015 Ford Mustang Leaked, Does It Spell Trouble For Chevy Camaro?
- EvanR on:2014 Chevrolet Silverado, 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Upset By Ram EcoDiesel For Truck Of The Year Honors
Recent Forum Discussions
- issue with MyLink radio favorites
- 6.2 Denali/Sierra should have dual exhaust!
- OnStar for fleet users
- Driving the new 2014 Corvette, SS and Z28.. on track
- Handsfree bluetooth on 2012 Chevy Traverse
- 2014 Silverado 1500 Z71 Driver Alert Package
- 2014 Sierra FM Radio
- 2003 Suburban Z71 low oil pressure
- When will CUE updates be available?
- How To video for DIC controls on 2013 Cadillac SRX Premium