With construction starting next week, General Motors will spend $200 million on a brand-new stamping facility in Arlington, Texas as a part of the company’s manufacturing complex, where GM’s full-sized SUVs are built. The new stamping facility will generate 180 jobs on its own, and will save GM around $40 million a year in logistics costs alone. This means that the stamping plant will pay for itself in a mere five years. The facility will go online in 2013, and is additional to the $331 million in retooling announced back in May 2011 for the Arlington manufacturing complex.
- Previous story Chevy Sonic Music Video Planned For The Super Bowl
- Next story Cadillac To Show Off XTS “Black Car” February 13 In Las Vegas
You may also like...
GM To Invest $162M In New Stamping Plant At Lansing-Grand River Facility
GM Invests $14 Million Into Parma Metal Center
GM’s Arlington, Texas Assembly Plant Celebrates 60th Anniversary
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- General Motors Facing Five Government ProbesApril 24, 2014
- Mark Adams Sheds Light On Opel’s Future Design LanguageApril 24, 2014
- D3 Cadillac To Invade MFest 2014April 24, 2014
- Carve Some Corners In This 1966 Pro Touring Chevrolet Nova: eBay FindApril 24, 2014
- Take A Cruise In This ‘Cute Little’ 1972 Chevrolet Roadster: Craigslist FindApril 24, 2014
- How General Motors Curbs Motion Sickness In Its VehiclesApril 24, 2014
- New Silverado, Sierra Are Great Trucks In Need Of More Excitement: Opinion DeskMarch 25, 2014
- 2015 GM SUVs, 2014 Half-Ton Trucks Recalled For Fire RiskMarch 29, 2014
- 2014 Chevrolet SS Is Nothing Short Of A Super Sleeper: First DriveMarch 28, 2014
- Chevrolet Cruze Adds Styling, Tech Updates For 2015 Model YearApril 13, 2014
- Would A GM Diesel Half-Ton Truck Be Enough To Weigh Down 2015 Ford F-150?April 3, 2014
- 2015 GMC Yukon Bursts Into Flames During Test DriveMarch 24, 2014
- Gothzilla on:This Fiero Jeep Conversion Thing Confuses Us: Craigslist Find
- Stephen Marcus on:Mark Adams Sheds Light On Opel’s Future Design Language
- Paul on:General Motors Facing Five Government Probes
- scott on:GM In The Black For Q1 2014 Despite $1.3B In Recall Costs, Market Share Shrinks
- scott on:2015 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan Spied Again, Now With WOT Engine Note: Video
- scott on:General Motors Facing Five Government Probes
Recent Forum Discussions
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Crash Imminent Braking
- Is the Ambassador program still available if so how do I access it?
- mylink in malibu 2013 – no "phone" option in model, possible to add ?
- 20 in wheel center cap removal
- Start/stop doesn't kick in every time
- Tracking my order?
- USB on 2014 Buick LaCrosse hit or miss
- ON Star digital Upgrade
- Good morning from virginia beach
- 2014 Impala My Link Quit