With construction starting next week, General Motors will spend $200 million on a brand-new stamping facility in Arlington, Texas as a part of the company’s manufacturing complex, where GM’s full-sized SUVs are built. The new stamping facility will generate 180 jobs on its own, and will save GM around $40 million a year in logistics costs alone. This means that the stamping plant will pay for itself in a mere five years. The facility will go online in 2013, and is additional to the $331 million in retooling announced back in May 2011 for the Arlington manufacturing complex.
- Previous story Chevy Sonic Music Video Planned For The Super Bowl
- Next story Cadillac To Show Off XTS “Black Car” February 13 In Las Vegas
You may also like...
GM To Invest $162M In New Stamping Plant At Lansing-Grand River Facility
GM’s Arlington, Texas Assembly Plant Celebrates 60th Anniversary
GM To Cut North American Logistics Costs By $1 Billion By 2016
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Opel Greenlights Production Of Astra OPC ExtremeMarch 11, 2014
- NCRS Foundation To Raise Up To $15,000 To National Corvette MuseumMarch 10, 2014
- Someone Used To Love This Mint Condition Chevrolet LUV Truck: eBay FindMarch 10, 2014
- Here’s Your 2015 Cadillac Escalade Pricing BreakdownMarch 10, 2014
- Big Three Automakers Pitch Their Pickup Trucks To Jimmy FallonMarch 10, 2014
- 2016 Camaro To Stick With Similar Design FormulaMarch 10, 2014
- “The New Premium,” Starring The 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe: Ad BreakFebruary 17, 2014
- Ten Things GM’s Trucks Could Use Right NowFebruary 19, 2014
- General Motors Locks In Deals With Aluminum Suppliers, Looks To Follow 2015 F-150 With Next-Gen TrucksFebruary 19, 2014
- Bill Doesn’t Like The Center Console On The 2014 Malibu: MailbagFebruary 21, 2014
- 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe, 2015 Suburban, 2015 GMC Yukon Family PricedMarch 5, 2014
- GMC To Reportedly Offer Unique Off-Road Oriented VehicleMarch 2, 2014
- Dave on:Someone Used To Love This Mint Condition Chevrolet LUV Truck: eBay Find
- Brian on:General Motors Eyeing A Truck Below Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon?
- LFX323HP on:Will The 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe Get RS And SS Variants?
- Raymondjram on:General Motors Eyeing A Truck Below Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon?
- greatday43 on:Next Generation Cadillac CTS-V To Have More Than 560 Horsepower On Tap
- Raymondjram on:XCAR Drives The Vauxhall Insignia VXR Supersport: Video
Recent Forum Discussions
- Cocoa/Lt. Neutral interior trim 2014 Malibu
- 2014 Corvette Z51 Constraint & Related Order Status
- 2006 Chevy HHR
- 2006 Nissan Altima – $7,995
- explain use of tow haul mode plus/minus arrows
- Medium Duty Return In 2016?
- Engine Dimensions
- 2015 Yukons now arriving
- Smartphone Link/setting Missing in MyLink Radio Chevy Silverado 2014
- About ready to give up on my Encore