With construction starting next week, General Motors will spend $200 million on a brand-new stamping facility in Arlington, Texas as a part of the company’s manufacturing complex, where GM’s full-sized SUVs are built. The new stamping facility will generate 180 jobs on its own, and will save GM around $40 million a year in logistics costs alone. This means that the stamping plant will pay for itself in a mere five years. The facility will go online in 2013, and is additional to the $331 million in retooling announced back in May 2011 for the Arlington manufacturing complex.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Sonic Music Video Planned For The Super Bowl
- Next story Cadillac To Show Off XTS “Black Car” February 13 In Las Vegas
You may also like...
No Reported Timeline For GM’s Warren Technical Center Expansion
Arlington City Council Unanimously Passes First Approval On $1.2B GM Plant Expansion
GM Is Pondering A $1.3 Billion Plant Expansion In Arlington
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- 6,000 First-Generation Chevrolet Volts Still Sitting On Dealer LotsMay 25, 2015
- How To Crash Your Brand New 2015 C7 Corvette Z06: VideoMay 25, 2015
- What General Motors Must Do As Part Of Its Mandatory Meetings With NHTSAMay 25, 2015
- General Motors CEO Mary Barra Scoops Up A 2015 C7 Corvette Z06 ConvertibleMay 24, 2015
- Get Retro: 2004 C5 Corvette Pair Commemorates 1953 Corvette And 1954 NomadMay 24, 2015
- 1958 C1 Corvette Sees An LS7 Swap Courtesy Of Late Model Racecraft: VideoMay 24, 2015
- Why The 2015 Chevrolet SS Is The Greatest Car No One Is Buying: Opinion DeskMay 19, 2015
- Community Question: Is The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Ready For All-Wheel Drive?May 21, 2015
- Cadillac ATS And CTS Both Recognized As Great Cars That, Sadly, Nobody BuysApril 28, 2015
- General Motors U.S. Sales Up 6 Percent To 269,056 Vehicles In April 2015May 1, 2015
- This Is The All-New 2016 Chevy CamaroMay 16, 2015
- Things We Hear: Chevy Should Offer A V6 In The Malibu Because Toyota, Honda And Nissan DoMay 13, 2015
- 6K Chevrolet Volts Still Left Unsold | GM Authority on:This Is The All-New 2016 Chevrolet Volt: NAIAS 2015
- LazerBlue07SS on:What If GM Brought The Malibu Turbo Performance Concept To Life?
- Jonathan on:How To Crash Your Brand New 2015 C7 Corvette Z06: Video
- rwbernie on:How Would The Rumored Cadillac ATS-V+ Stack Up Against The ‘Normal’ ATS-V?
- What GM And NHTSA Meet About | GM Authority on:NHTSA Extends Oversight Period For General Motors
- rwbernie on:General Motors CEO Mary Barra Scoops Up A 2015 C7 Corvette Z06 Convertible
Recent Forum Discussions
- Power Windows and Door Locks
- Slight Vibration 2008 Impala SS
- Intellilink Issues with iPod Classic and Crashing
- Caller ID Photos, 2014 GMC Terrain
- 2015 Corvette MyLink
- USB always replaying from the top
- Retrofitting Backwards for newer electronic features??
- Having difficulty selling my 2007 Saturn Aura-Any Tips?
- Transmission help on a 2003 Saturn Lw300
- 2011 Sierra Radio Firmware Update