With construction starting next week, General Motors will spend $200 million on a brand-new stamping facility in Arlington, Texas as a part of the company’s manufacturing complex, where GM’s full-sized SUVs are built. The new stamping facility will generate 180 jobs on its own, and will save GM around $40 million a year in logistics costs alone. This means that the stamping plant will pay for itself in a mere five years. The facility will go online in 2013, and is additional to the $331 million in retooling announced back in May 2011 for the Arlington manufacturing complex.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Sonic Music Video Planned For The Super Bowl
- Next story Cadillac To Show Off XTS “Black Car” February 13 In Las Vegas
You may also like...
General Motors Foundation Donates $25K To Ohio Charities
General Motors Planning New $37 Million Expansion Of Lansing Delta Township Plant
General Motors Announces $174M Investment In Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe And Sedan Will Both Debut In Los AngelesOctober 31, 2014
- General Motors Will Replace Takata Airbags In Pontiac VibesOctober 31, 2014
- BDS Suspension Previews Lifted 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Before SEMAOctober 31, 2014
- Chevrolet Launches Digital Accessory Site For 2015 ColoradoOctober 31, 2014
- All Pro-Touring Camaros Deserve An LS7: eBay FindOctober 31, 2014
- Is This The World’s Most Powerful Corvette ZR1? VideoOctober 31, 2014
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro: This Is Probably ItOctober 11, 2014
- General Motors Supported ‘Anti-Tesla’ Bill Signed By Michigan Governor (Updated)October 21, 2014
- MT Answers Whether The New Mustang GT Has Surpassed The Camaro SS: VideoOctober 15, 2014
- Buick And Cadillac Continue To Attract The Oldest BuyersOctober 3, 2014
- GM Will Do More Than Revitalize Mid-Size Truck Segment With 2015 Colorado And Canyon: First DriveOctober 8, 2014
- Cadillac Confirms Larger CT8, CT9 Luxury Vehicles In Future Product OnslaughtOctober 10, 2014
- Manoli Katakis on:So What’s The Word On Dorizas’ Departure?
- 2015 gmc sierra white - iGalaxyWallpaper.com on:This Is 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Carbon Edition
- scott3 on:Cadillac SRX Replacement Spied Testing For The First Time
- scott3 on:Chevrolet Launches Digital Accessory Site For 2015 Colorado
- scott3 on:2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe And Sedan Will Both Debut In Los Angeles
- bronc624 on:We Render The 2016 Cadillac CT6
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2009 Chevy Suburban Bluetooth issues
- Bluetooth for 2007 Avalanche
- Social Media: LinkedIn
- 2015 Corvette 8-Speed Transmission Slippage
- Intellilink issues with iPod Classic
- Mary, help me track my GMC!
- GMC Terrain 2012 and Galaxy S5
- Bluetooth 'not available' in 2014 malibu
- Regal GS 20" wheels with Brembos
- 2015 Corvette Berlin Blue Color (GXH)