With construction starting next week, General Motors will spend $200 million on a brand-new stamping facility in Arlington, Texas as a part of the company’s manufacturing complex, where GM’s full-sized SUVs are built. The new stamping facility will generate 180 jobs on its own, and will save GM around $40 million a year in logistics costs alone. This means that the stamping plant will pay for itself in a mere five years. The facility will go online in 2013, and is additional to the $331 million in retooling announced back in May 2011 for the Arlington manufacturing complex.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Chevy Sonic Music Video Planned For The Super Bowl
- Next story Cadillac To Show Off XTS “Black Car” February 13 In Las Vegas
You may also like...
Arlington City Council Unanimously Passes First Approval On $1.2B GM Plant Expansion
GM Is Pondering A $1.3 Billion Plant Expansion In Arlington
General Motors’ Arlington Assembly Center Produces 10-Millionth Vehicle
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray Drag Car Is The Craziest Iteration We’ve Seen Yet: VideoMay 5, 2015
- 2015 Chevrolet Spark EV Sees A Major Sales Boost Following Price DecreaseMay 5, 2015
- GM Korea Holds Event To Help Korean Suppliers Enter Chinese MarketMay 5, 2015
- Forza Horizon 2 ‘Alpinestars’ DLC Pack Adds C7 Corvette Z06, 1953 C1 CorvetteMay 5, 2015
- Hennessey (Briefly) Lets The HPE1000 Corvette Stingray Loose On The TrackMay 5, 2015
- 1980 Chevrolet C-10 Sleeper Exists Only To Ambush Muscle Cars And Carry MulchMay 5, 2015
- GM Currently Weighing Production Viability Of Buick AvenirApril 10, 2015
- This Is Why Cadillac Will Discontinue The XTS: OpinionApril 22, 2015
- Cadillac ATS And CTS Both Recognized As Great Cars That, Sadly, Nobody BuysApril 28, 2015
- Buick Chief Duncan Aldred: “A Lot More To Do” With Buick In U.S.April 24, 2015
- General Motors U.S. Sales Up 6 Percent To 269,056 Vehicles In April 2015May 1, 2015
- Cadillac Chief Johan de Nysschen: V-Series Is Worst Nightmare Of ‘German Fanboys’April 24, 2015
- 2016 Chevrolet Volt Interior Design Finalized Two Years Ago | OrientGardens on:2016 Chevrolet Volt Interior Design Finalized Two Years Ago
- Elroy on:2014 Buick Regal Tops List Of Most Frequently Traded In Vehicles
- Ringbrothers 1966 Chevelle Recoil Video | GM Authority on:Ringbrothers 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle Recoil Stops By Jay Leno’s Garage: Video
- Doug on:Five Facts You Might Not Know About The Chevrolet Chevelle
- rye shelton on:General Motors U.S. Sales Up 6 Percent To 269,056 Vehicles In April 2015
- EvDave on:2015 Chevrolet Spark EV Sees A Major Sales Boost Following Price Decrease
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2015 Corvette MyLink
- USB always replaying from the top
- Retrofitting Backwards for newer electronic features??
- Having difficulty selling my 2007 Saturn Aura-Any Tips?
- Transmission help on a 2003 Saturn Lw300
- 2011 Sierra Radio Firmware Update
- 2006 Pontiac G6 echotec
- I have A pontac G 6 2.4 ecotec engine 2006
- Express W/ Duramax Engine Clicking when starting cold
- 2008 Saturn Vue Redline Engine