While grabbing a quick cup of coffee at a Mountain-region Chevy store, we noticed a bright piece of paper pinned under the windshield wiper of a white Sonic. Upon further examination, it turns out that we discovered a ticket to the Chevy Sonic Tour… kind of.
The ticket isn’t really a ticket to an actual event, but rather a small information sheet that attempts to catch the attention of the younger audience that Chevy looks to attract with the Sonic. The effort is part of the Sonic’s Let’s Do This launch campaign.
The front of the “ticket” sports several class-leading or class-exclusive features, such as:
- 30.7 cubic feet of storage in the hatch section (1)
- Sonic allows you to stream your favorite audio services from your smartphone, such as Pandora and Stitcher (2), through its available Bluetooth (3) audio streaming feature
- Available 1.4L turbocharged engine
- Only car in its class with 10 airbags (4)
- Available MyChevrolet Mobile App (5)
- OnStar with 6-month subscription (6)
- Most available torque in its class
Scanning the QR code brings the user to a mobile version of chevrolet.com, which has an amazing and useful implementation of HTML5 — the latest HTML technology.
Meanwhile, the back of the ticket-like brochure has a photo of the Sonic hatch in Inferno Orange Metallic and reads “2012 Sonic On Tour Now”, followed by the Let’s Do This slogan. This is followed by six small print items that clarify the features on the front, including:
- With rear seats folded down. Cargo and load capacity limited by weight and distribution.
- Data plan rates apply.
- Go to GM.com/bluetooth to find out which phones are compatible with the vehicle.
- Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraints. See the Owner’s Manual for more information.
- Available on iPhone and Android platforms.
- Visit onstar.com for details and systems limitations.