General Motors will grace its engine plant in Romulus, Michigan with $385 million in order to prepare it for the production of an all-new fuel efficient engine program. GM says the move will create or retain around 320 jobs. The plant currently employs 840 workers running on two shifts, and builds V6 and V8 engines found in GM’s mid-sized and full-sized trucks, full-sized vans and full-sized SUVs.
- Previous story Car & Driver Hoons With The Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Video)
- Next story Elvis Presley’s 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Up For Auction
You may also like...
2015 Colorado Features 3.6L V6 Over 4.3L V6 Because Of Fuel Economy
Opel’s Bochum Plant To Cease Operations By The End Of 2014
Chevrolet Teases 2015 Colorado Before LA Debut
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- 2015 Corvette Z06, Engine Photo Leak Online?December 4, 2013
- 2014 Chevrolet Silverado, 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Upset By Ram EcoDiesel For Truck Of The Year HonorsDecember 4, 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: A Gorgeous Cadillac Eldorado ConvertibleDecember 4, 2013
- 2014 GMC Sierra Named As Canada’s Best New PickupDecember 4, 2013
- Old Opel Ascona Slams Into Brick Wall, Knocks It OverDecember 4, 2013
- Ad Break: “Moon” Starring The 2014 Cadillac CTSDecember 4, 2013
- GM Extends Benefits To Employees In Same Sex MarriagesNovember 8, 2013
- Opel Chairman Agrees That There Needs To Be More Differentiation From ChevroletNovember 29, 2013
- Akerson: Buick Flagship “Possible”November 18, 2013
- Reuss: Upcoming Buick Flagship Described As “Much More Beautiful Panamera”November 7, 2013
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Looks To Rejuvenate Midsized Truck Segment With Tech, DieselNovember 19, 2013
- Chevrolet Teases 2015 Colorado Before LA DebutNovember 12, 2013
- vic1212 on:2015 Ford Mustang Leaked, Does It Spell Trouble For Chevy Camaro?
- jbisrite on:2014 Chevrolet Silverado, 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Upset By Ram EcoDiesel For Truck Of The Year Honors
- scott on:2014 Chevrolet Silverado, 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Upset By Ram EcoDiesel For Truck Of The Year Honors
- scott on:2015 Ford Mustang Leaked, Does It Spell Trouble For Chevy Camaro?
- stephen marcus on:General Motors U.S. Sales Up 14% To 212,060 Units In November 2013: By The Numbers
- James on:So, There’s This Totally Stock Chevrolet Cavalier
Recent Forum Discussions
- 6.2 Denali/Sierra should have dual exhaust!
- OnStar for fleet users
- Driving the new 2014 Corvette, SS and Z28.. on track
- Handsfree bluetooth on 2012 Chevy Traverse
- 2014 Silverado 1500 Z71 Driver Alert Package
- 2014 Sierra FM Radio
- 2003 Suburban Z71 low oil pressure
- When will CUE updates be available?
- How To video for DIC controls on 2013 Cadillac SRX Premium
- 2014 CTS Sport Wagon