General Motors will grace its engine plant in Romulus, Michigan with $385 million in order to prepare it for the production of an all-new fuel efficient engine program. GM says the move will create or retain around 320 jobs. The plant currently employs 840 workers running on two shifts, and builds V6 and V8 engines found in GM’s mid-sized and full-sized trucks, full-sized vans and full-sized SUVs.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Car & Driver Hoons With The Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Video)
- Next story Elvis Presley’s 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Up For Auction
You may also like...
How Is The Tonawanda Plant Doing With All This Small Block V8 Production?
General Motors Planning New $37 Million Expansion Of Lansing Delta Township Plant
General Motors To Officially Add Next-Gen Cadillac SRX, Engine Production To Spring Hill
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- The 1951 LeSabre Concept Car, And How It Helped Shape An Era Of GM Styling: History AlleyDecember 20, 2014
- How OnStar Helped A Family After Deer CollisionDecember 20, 2014
- And Now, For Yet Another 2016 Camaro RenderingDecember 20, 2014
- General Motors Ignition Switch Fund Reaches 100 Approved Claims For Injury Or DeathDecember 20, 2014
- Corvette Funny Car Drives In The Snowy Streets Of Norway: VideoDecember 20, 2014
- 2015 Vauxhall Vivaro Wins Two ‘What Van?’ AwardsDecember 19, 2014
- Confirmed: There Will Not Be A Manual Offered On 2016 Cadillac CTS-VNovember 22, 2014
- North Carolina Dealership Offering Waiting List For Buick Grand National, GNXNovember 30, 2014
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Concept: 7 Things We DislikeDecember 5, 2014
- General Motors Files Trademark Application For ‘Velite’November 27, 2014
- 2015 Ford F-150 Fuel Economy Contests 2015 Chevrolet Colorado, 2015 GMC Canyon MileageNovember 26, 2014
- Cadillac Sales Flux Still PuzzlingDecember 3, 2014
- Tom on:And Now, For Yet Another 2016 Camaro Rendering
- Cory on:And Now, For Yet Another 2016 Camaro Rendering
- John on:And Now, For Yet Another 2016 Camaro Rendering
- OnStar Helps Family After Deer Collision | GM Authority on:Popular Science Magazine Awards OnStar 4G LTE “Best Of What’s New”
- Erica on:Supervettes Unveils SV8.R Conversion Kit For C6 And C7 Corvettes
- bronc624 on:10 Important Things About The US-Spec Chevrolet Trax
Recent Forum Discussions