General Motors will grace its engine plant in Romulus, Michigan with $385 million in order to prepare it for the production of an all-new fuel efficient engine program. GM says the move will create or retain around 320 jobs. The plant currently employs 840 workers running on two shifts, and builds V6 and V8 engines found in GM’s mid-sized and full-sized trucks, full-sized vans and full-sized SUVs.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Car & Driver Hoons With The Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Video)
- Next story Elvis Presley’s 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Up For Auction
You may also like...
The 2016 Chevrolet Volt Won’t Have A Three-Cylinder Engine
General Motors Planning New $37 Million Expansion Of Lansing Delta Township Plant
General Motors To Officially Add Next-Gen Cadillac SRX, Engine Production To Spring Hill
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Updated 2016 Cadillac ELR Missing From LA Auto Show?November 25, 2014
- NFL Great And Chevy Chief Engineer Showcase 2015 Silverado Features: VideoNovember 25, 2014
- Executives Want You To Be Patient, Cadillac Won’t Flourish OvernightNovember 25, 2014
- GM-OnStar Demonstrate 4G LTE With Wi-Fi At Guangzhou Auto ShowNovember 25, 2014
- A Look At How The 2015 Chevrolet Colorado And 2015 GMC Canyon Bodies Are BuiltNovember 25, 2014
- Pat Robertson Drives His Corvette Over 100 MPH, Apparently God Says It Is OkNovember 25, 2014
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Concept Is Ready To Rock: LA 2014November 19, 2014
- Confirmed: There Will Not Be A Manual Offered On 2016 Cadillac CTS-VNovember 22, 2014
- Sound Regulations May Bar C7 Corvette From South Korean LaunchNovember 8, 2014
- We Render The 2016 Cadillac CT6October 28, 2014
- Holden Will Be Reportedly Left High And Dry For A RWD Car After Commodore Phases OutNovember 15, 2014
- The 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Will Have 450 Horsepower And 445 Pound-Feet Of TorqueNovember 11, 2014
- ATS-V mmmmmm - Page 3 on:Confirmed: There Will Not Be A Manual Offered On 2016 Cadillac CTS-V
- 2016 Cadillac ELR Absent At LA Auto Show | GM Authority on:Refreshed 2016 Cadillac ELR To Debut At 2014 LA Auto Show
- Chevrolet Volt Second-Generation Voltec Propulsion System | GM Authority on:GM Fortifies Chevy Volt Battery To Curb Fire Risk
- "Engineering Enhancements" For Cadillac ELR | GM Authority on:The Future Of The Cadillac ELR According To Boss Johan de Nysschen
- 2015 Chevy Silverado Howie Long Video | GM Authority on:Which Chevy, Buick, GMC And Cadillac Vehicles Have OnStar 4G LTE With Wi-Fi Hotspot?
- Cadillac Product Offensive Requires Patience | GM Authority on:No, Cadillacs Won’t Be Getting Cheaper, Says Brand Chief De Nysschen
Recent Forum Discussions