General Motors will grace its engine plant in Romulus, Michigan with $385 million in order to prepare it for the production of an all-new fuel efficient engine program. GM says the move will create or retain around 320 jobs. The plant currently employs 840 workers running on two shifts, and builds V6 and V8 engines found in GM’s mid-sized and full-sized trucks, full-sized vans and full-sized SUVs.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Car & Driver Hoons With The Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Video)
- Next story Elvis Presley’s 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Up For Auction
You may also like...
General Motors To Officially Add Next-Gen Cadillac SRX, Engine Production To Spring Hill
General Motors Reportedly Working On $37 Million Expansion For Lansing Delta Assembly Plant
Holden Engine Operations Builds Millionth High Feature V6
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Scare Your Entire Zip Code With This 1,000 RWHP 2014 Corvette Stingray: eBay FindAugust 30, 2014
- Cadillac ELR Saks Fifth Avenue Edition Can’t Sell With Big MSRP Knock-OffAugust 30, 2014
- 2016 Gen-6 Chevrolet Camaros Continue To Roar In DisguiseAugust 30, 2014
- National Corvette Museum To Actually Go Ahead And Fill SinkholeAugust 30, 2014
- Cadillac ATS, CTS, New Camaro, Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon On Deck For 8L90 TransmissionAugust 30, 2014
- Chevy Colorado ZR2 Could Look Something LIke ThisAugust 30, 2014
- Cadillac LTS Flagship To Debut In NYCAugust 7, 2014
- Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?August 28, 2014
- General Motors To Halt Production At Lansing Grand River Following Slow ATS, CTS SalesAugust 9, 2014
- Cadillac XTS May Be Axed Following Introduction Of New Cadillac Full-Size SedanAugust 5, 2014
- Yes, Virginia, The 2015 CTS Loses Its Wreath In This New Official PhotoAugust 8, 2014
- Holy Sh** The Next Corvette ZR1 And C8 Could Actually Be Mid-EnginedAugust 14, 2014
- Manoli Katakis on:Join Us, We’re Hiring Both Writers And Interns!
- Theodore Brown on:General Motors Recalls Outgoing Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra HD Trucks
- TimH on:2016 Gen-6 Chevrolet Camaros Continue To Roar In Disguise
- scott3 on:Join Us, We’re Hiring Both Writers And Interns!
- scott3 on:Chevy Colorado ZR2 Could Look Something LIke This
- scott3 on:National Corvette Museum To Actually Go Ahead And Fill Sinkhole
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2014 sierra parking gear reamains in neutral
- '14 Impala (new style) base radio audio quality issue
- MyLink USB/Flash Drive and Music library
- 2015 Suburban adaptive cruise control issues
- Bluetooth not working on my 2014 Buick Encore
- 2014 Impala Recall GM Recall # N140476 Remedy not yet available.
- 2015 Yukon XL Denali Issues
- Exhaust outlet stains on CTS Vsport
- Brake dust on CTS Vsport performance brakes
- Saturn ion ignition switch