General Motors will grace its engine plant in Romulus, Michigan with $385 million in order to prepare it for the production of an all-new fuel efficient engine program. GM says the move will create or retain around 320 jobs. The plant currently employs 840 workers running on two shifts, and builds V6 and V8 engines found in GM’s mid-sized and full-sized trucks, full-sized vans and full-sized SUVs.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Car & Driver Hoons With The Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Video)
- Next story Elvis Presley’s 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Up For Auction
You may also like...
Cadillac Announces New 3.0L Twin-Turbo LGW 400HP V6 ‘LGW’ Engine For Upcoming 2016 CT6
Ford Motor Company Beats GM In Number Of American Factory Workers
General Motors Flint Engine Plant Readies For 2016 Volt 1.5L Generator Production
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Lincoln To Rain On Cadillac’s 2016 CT6 Parade In New York With RWD Continental?March 25, 2015
- Cadillac Appoints Former Audi Exec As Global Communications DirectorMarch 25, 2015
- National Corvette Museum Wants Your Corvette For DisplayMarch 25, 2015
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Will Come In Hybrid Flavor, Return Beyond 45 Combined MPGMarch 25, 2015
- 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Output Officially SAE Rated At 464 HorsepowerMarch 25, 2015
- With Spring In The Air, Corvette Assembly Plant Unlikely To See More Snow DelaysMarch 25, 2015
- Cadillac Announces New 3.0L Twin-Turbo LGW 400HP V6 ‘LGW’ Engine For Upcoming 2016 CT6March 20, 2015
- 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Teased Ahead Of New York Auto Show DebutMarch 4, 2015
- Community Question: What Would You Like To See From 2016 Chevy Malibu?March 22, 2015
- Community Question: What Do You Want To See From The All-New 2016 Chevy Camaro?February 28, 2015
- 2016 Cadillac CT6 Sedan Won’t Exactly Follow German Large Sedan RecipeMarch 23, 2015
- Five Improvements We’d Like To See In The Next-Gen 2016 Chevy MalibuMarch 10, 2015
- LTJ on:Buick Envision Spied In Michigan
- jbisrite on:Chevrolet Slapped With 8.5-Million Dollar Fine By Paris Court
- Silent Electrician on:Buick Envision Spied In Michigan
- Edgardo Roman on:Place Your Bets On An LS Swapped Infiniti Vs A Supercharged C7 Corvette
- David on:2016 Cadillac ATS-V Output Officially SAE Rated At 464 Horsepower
- M. S. Myers on:Buick Envision Spied In Michigan
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2008 Saturn Vue Redline Engine
- paint protection
- Zafira Tourer Check Engine Light
- Has the PassKey problem ever been solved or rectified ??
- 2009 Acadia Bluetooth
- G.M. Alloy Wheels
- 2015 GMC Sierra Teen Driver Mode.
- tracking my 2015 order
- 01 Silverado Check Engine Light
- 2013 Malibu 2.0l turbo engine upgrade