General Motors will grace its engine plant in Romulus, Michigan with $385 million in order to prepare it for the production of an all-new fuel efficient engine program. GM says the move will create or retain around 320 jobs. The plant currently employs 840 workers running on two shifts, and builds V6 and V8 engines found in GM’s mid-sized and full-sized trucks, full-sized vans and full-sized SUVs.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Car & Driver Hoons With The Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Video)
- Next story Elvis Presley’s 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Up For Auction
You may also like...
General Motors To Officially Add Next-Gen Cadillac SRX, Engine Production To Spring Hill
General Motors Reportedly Working On $37 Million Expansion For Lansing Delta Assembly Plant
Opel Begins Production On New 1.0-Liter Three-Cylinder Turbocharged Engine
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- CEO Barra “Not Surprised” By Rising Ignition Switch SettlementsSeptember 22, 2014
- 2015 BMW i8 VS 2015 Corvette Stingray Convertible Is Brainy And The Beast: VideoSeptember 22, 2014
- This ’55 Chevrolet Bel Air Driver Is Lucky To Be Alive: Accident WatchSeptember 22, 2014
- Autoline After Hours Gets Nerdy For the Chevrolet Small-Block: VideoSeptember 22, 2014
- General Motors Tries To Block Deposition Of Former In-House AttorneySeptember 22, 2014
- We Render The Second-Gen Cadillac CTS CoupeSeptember 22, 2014
- Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?August 28, 2014
- New Sixth-Generation 2016 Camaro Rendering Continues To Entertain The ThoughtSeptember 5, 2014
- Holden Commodore Replacement Reportedly Won’t Be Built In China, But EuropeAugust 29, 2014
- Either This Is The Corvette Zora Chassis Mule Or An Epic Ruse: Spy ShotsSeptember 16, 2014
- Community Question: For $80K, What General Motors Car Do You Buy?August 23, 2014
- General Motors U.S. Sales Down 1.24 Percent To 272,423 Units In August 2014: By The NumbersSeptember 3, 2014
- scott3 on:This ’55 Chevrolet Bel Air Driver Is Lucky To Be Alive: Accident Watch
- Grawdaddy on:GM Canada Sales Up 4.8 Percent To 22,111 Units In August 2014: By The Numbers
- scott3 on:Car Clash: 2015 GMC Sierra Carbon Edition Vs. Sierra Elevation Edition
- scott3 on:De Nysschen Wants More Autonomy For Cadillac
- David on:We Render The Second-Gen Cadillac CTS Coupe
- Claudine Adem on:GM Working On Software Update To Improve iPhone 5 Bluetooth Connectivity
Recent Forum Discussions
- Can You Add Slacker Radio To The Screen Widgets?
- 2006 Corvette that burned up
- 2015 Corvette auto door locks
- Where to find Engine block and Head I.D.’s
- harness kit for 95 olds regency
- replacing factory HU with a Mylink HU in a 2010 equinox
- MyLink will not bring up iphone SMS messages
- New transmission is unfair to early buyers of L86(6.2) equipped vehicles.
- 2012 Terrain Nav RPT function won"t work
- Any Cadillac Convertibles to return?