General Motors will grace its engine plant in Romulus, Michigan with $385 million in order to prepare it for the production of an all-new fuel efficient engine program. GM says the move will create or retain around 320 jobs. The plant currently employs 840 workers running on two shifts, and builds V6 and V8 engines found in GM’s mid-sized and full-sized trucks, full-sized vans and full-sized SUVs.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Car & Driver Hoons With The Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Video)
- Next story Elvis Presley’s 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Up For Auction
You may also like...
General Motors To Officially Add Next-Gen Cadillac SRX, Engine Production To Spring Hill
General Motors Reportedly Working On $37 Million Expansion For Lansing Delta Assembly Plant
Opel Begins Production On New 1.0-Liter Three-Cylinder Turbocharged Engine
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- The New Vauxhall Corsa vs. Ford Fiesta, VW PoloOctober 22, 2014
- National Corvette Museum To Host Halloween EventOctober 22, 2014
- 1969 Corvette ZL-1 Replica Heading To Auction At Mecum AnaheimOctober 22, 2014
- Camaro Z/28 Laps Like Lightning In The Hands Of C/D: VideoOctober 22, 2014
- Cadillac Racing Reflects On A Successful 2014 Season: VideoOctober 22, 2014
- The 2015 Opel Adam S Will Make You Want To Take The Long Way Home: VideoOctober 22, 2014
- The First Problem With The Cadillac CT6: It’s Not Greater Than 7 (Series) Or 8 (A8): OpinionSeptember 26, 2014
- Cadillac Introduces New Naming Convention With CT6 Name For Omega FlagshipSeptember 24, 2014
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro: This Is Probably ItOctober 11, 2014
- Buick And Cadillac Continue To Attract The Oldest BuyersOctober 3, 2014
- U.S.-Market Chevy TrailBlazer RenderedSeptember 27, 2014
- MT Answers Whether The New Mustang GT Has Surpassed The Camaro SS: VideoOctober 15, 2014
- scott3 on:Camaro Z/28 Laps Like Lightning In The Hands Of C/D: Video
- Ken on:General Motors Supported ‘Anti-Tesla’ Bill Signed By Michigan Governor (Updated)
- scott3 on:Former GM Exec Bob Lutz Says Everyone Is Way Too Nice
- New 2015 Vauxhall Corsa vs. Ford Fiesta, VW Polo | GM Authority on:This Is The 2015 Vauxhall Corsa
- Monster Mash Halloween Party At The NCM | GM Authority on:A Lap Around The National Corvette Museum’s Track With Racing Great Ron Fellows: Video
- scott3 on:Community Question: What Do You Think Of GM’s Stance On The “Anti-Tesla” Bill?
Recent Forum Discussions
- Bluetooth for 2007 Avalanche
- Social Media: LinkedIn
- 2015 Corvette 8-Speed Transmission Slippage
- Intellilink issues with iPod Classic
- Mary, help me track my GMC!
- GMC Terrain 2012 and Galaxy S5
- Bluetooth 'not available' in 2014 malibu
- Regal GS 20" wheels with Brembos
- 2015 Corvette Berlin Blue Color (GXH)
- 2015 Corvette dashboard lights dim then brighten