General Motors will grace its engine plant in Romulus, Michigan with $385 million in order to prepare it for the production of an all-new fuel efficient engine program. GM says the move will create or retain around 320 jobs. The plant currently employs 840 workers running on two shifts, and builds V6 and V8 engines found in GM’s mid-sized and full-sized trucks, full-sized vans and full-sized SUVs.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Car & Driver Hoons With The Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Video)
- Next story Elvis Presley’s 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Up For Auction
You may also like...
General Motors To Officially Add Next-Gen Cadillac SRX, Engine Production To Spring Hill
General Motors Reportedly Working On $37 Million Expansion For Lansing Delta Assembly Plant
Opel Begins Production On New 1.0-Liter Three-Cylinder Turbocharged Engine
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Cadillac-LaSalle Car Museum Opens In MichiganOctober 1, 2014
- 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Crashes On The ‘RingOctober 1, 2014
- 2014 Buick Encore vs 2014 BMW X1October 1, 2014
- General Motors To Give Financial Outlook Update TodayOctober 1, 2014
- Cadillac To Develop Own, Unique Engine FamilyOctober 1, 2014
- More On Cadillac’s New Model Naming SystemOctober 1, 2014
- The First Problem With The Cadillac CT6: It’s Not Greater Than 7 (Series) Or 8 (A8): OpinionSeptember 26, 2014
- Cadillac Introduces New Naming Convention With CT6 Name For Omega FlagshipSeptember 24, 2014
- New Sixth-Generation 2016 Camaro Rendering Continues To Entertain The ThoughtSeptember 5, 2014
- Poll: Are You A Fan Of Cadillac’s New Naming Scheme?September 25, 2014
- U.S.-Market Chevy TrailBlazer RenderedSeptember 27, 2014
- Want A Clear Spy Shot Of The 2016 Camaro? You’re WelcomeSeptember 29, 2014
- scott3 on:2015 Corvette Z06 Will Hit 60 MPH Faster Than It Takes You To Read This Title
- scott3 on:2015 Camaro Z/28 Testing At The Nürburgring Nordschleife: Video
- scott3 on:Cadillac CT6 Not To Be Brand’s True Flagship Sedan?
- scott3 on:More On Cadillac’s New Model Naming System
- Cc on:Cadillac To Develop Own, Unique Engine Family
- Shawn Raymond on:GM Pioneers Magnesium Sheet Metal Forming Process
Recent Forum Discussions
- Light Duty Diesel maybe in the works again?
- IntelliLink radio keeps freezing on 2014 Buick Verano
- Can You Add Slacker Radio To The Screen Widgets?
- 2006 Corvette that burned up
- 2015 Corvette auto door locks
- Where to find Engine block and Head I.D.’s
- harness kit for 95 olds regency
- replacing factory HU with a Mylink HU in a 2010 equinox
- MyLink will not bring up iphone SMS messages
- New 8-speed unfair to early buyers of 2015 Yukon Denali with 6.2L V8 L86