General Motors will grace its engine plant in Romulus, Michigan with $385 million in order to prepare it for the production of an all-new fuel efficient engine program. GM says the move will create or retain around 320 jobs. The plant currently employs 840 workers running on two shifts, and builds V6 and V8 engines found in GM’s mid-sized and full-sized trucks, full-sized vans and full-sized SUVs.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Car & Driver Hoons With The Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Video)
- Next story Elvis Presley’s 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Up For Auction
You may also like...
General Motors To Officially Add Next-Gen Cadillac SRX, Engine Production To Spring Hill
General Motors Reportedly Working On $37 Million Expansion For Lansing Delta Assembly Plant
Opel Begins Production On New 1.0-Liter Three-Cylinder Turbocharged Engine
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- 2015 Corvette Recalled For Airbag And Parking Brake IssuesOctober 24, 2014
- Model Year 2015i Chevy Tahoe, Suburban Get A Bevy Of Technology & Equipment UpdatesOctober 24, 2014
- General Motors Reveals Active Safety Testing Area Nearly CompleteOctober 24, 2014
- Opel Extends Partnership With ADAC To Host Rallye Cup Through To 2018October 24, 2014
- GM Financial Faces Several Probes Over Subprime Loans And SecuritiesOctober 24, 2014
- “Corvette Nation” Season 2 To Debut Saturday Oct. 25October 24, 2014
- The First Problem With The Cadillac CT6: It’s Not Greater Than 7 (Series) Or 8 (A8): OpinionSeptember 26, 2014
- Cadillac Introduces New Naming Convention With CT6 Name For Omega FlagshipSeptember 24, 2014
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro: This Is Probably ItOctober 11, 2014
- General Motors Supported ‘Anti-Tesla’ Bill Signed By Michigan Governor (Updated)October 21, 2014
- U.S.-Market Chevy TrailBlazer RenderedSeptember 27, 2014
- Buick And Cadillac Continue To Attract The Oldest BuyersOctober 3, 2014
- General Motors Fixing Volt Batteries Free Of Charge Over Coolant Issue - GM Authority (blog) - Orange County CA Computer Repair Experts (714)975-3656 on:General Motors Fixing Volt Batteries Free Of Charge Over Coolant Issue
- Rich V on:2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 Often Outpaced The Porsche 918 At C/D Lightning Lap
- General Motors Fixing Volt Batteries Free Of Charge Over Coolant Issue - GM Authority (blog) - On Call Computer Repair Tech Experts CA (714)975-3656 on:General Motors Fixing Volt Batteries Free Of Charge Over Coolant Issue
- Mat on:What’s This 2015 Corvette Z06 Doing Without A Face?: Video
- Jason t on:How Does An HSV Version Of The Cadillac CTS Sound?
- scott3 on:Third-Generation Camaros Spied Testing Alongside Sixth-Generation Prototypes
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2009 Chevy Suburban Bluetooth issues
- Bluetooth for 2007 Avalanche
- Social Media: LinkedIn
- 2015 Corvette 8-Speed Transmission Slippage
- Intellilink issues with iPod Classic
- Mary, help me track my GMC!
- GMC Terrain 2012 and Galaxy S5
- Bluetooth 'not available' in 2014 malibu
- Regal GS 20" wheels with Brembos
- 2015 Corvette Berlin Blue Color (GXH)