General Motors will grace its engine plant in Romulus, Michigan with $385 million in order to prepare it for the production of an all-new fuel efficient engine program. GM says the move will create or retain around 320 jobs. The plant currently employs 840 workers running on two shifts, and builds V6 and V8 engines found in GM’s mid-sized and full-sized trucks, full-sized vans and full-sized SUVs.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Car & Driver Hoons With The Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Video)
- Next story Elvis Presley’s 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Up For Auction
You may also like...
Ford Motor Company Beats GM In Number Of American Factory Workers
General Motors Flint Engine Plant Readies For 2016 Volt 1.5L Generator Production
How Is The Tonawanda Plant Doing With All This Small Block V8 Production?
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Facelifted GMC Terrain Spied TestingFebruary 27, 2015
- Holden Racing Team Celebrates 25 Years With New V8 Supercars LiveryFebruary 26, 2015
- ‘The LIFERS Project’ Photographer On Cadillac Partnership: VideoFebruary 26, 2015
- German Man Writes The Most Heartfelt eBay Listing In History For His Opel TigraFebruary 26, 2015
- Spurned Paris Hilton Fan Attacks A Classic CadillacFebruary 26, 2015
- Cadillac Goes Hipster With ‘The Seasons Collection’ Photography CollectionFebruary 26, 2015
- Yes, Cadillac Just Showed Off Its 2016 CT6 Flagship Sedan In The ‘Daring: No Regrets’ AdFebruary 22, 2015
- General Motors Not Interested In Open Tesla PatentsFebruary 14, 2015
- Former Pontiac Customers Could Flock To Performance-Focused DodgeJanuary 27, 2015
- Tom Brady Awarded 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 For MVP Super Bowl XLIX PerformanceFebruary 2, 2015
- General Motors’ Chief Full-Size Truck Engineer Looks To Next-Gen ModelsFebruary 7, 2015
- Charles Thinks Cadillac “Should Be Ashamed To Call The SRX A Cadillac”: MailbagFebruary 19, 2015
- jzEllis on:2015 Corvette Z06 Chases A McLaren P1 At Circuit Of The Americas: Video
- jzEllis on:Spurned Paris Hilton Fan Attacks A Classic Cadillac
- Tim Kroeker on:Lincoln Piggybacks On Cadillac’s ‘Dare Greatly’ Campaign
- Shona on:Ignition Switch Issues In Chevrolet Impala Were Noticed As Far Back As 2005
- Jonathan on:Corvette Z06 Faces The McLaren 650S In The Latest Supercar Showdown
- Karlo on:Cadillac Goes Hipster With ‘The Seasons Collection’ Photography Collection
Recent Forum Discussions
- 01 Silverado Check Engine Light
- 2013 Malibu 2.0l turbo engine upgrade
- 2011 CTS Coupe Key FOB dead
- When will GM put 8-speed automatic behind 5.3L?
- Vehicle tracking
- 2015 Yukon Denali rough idle issue and general frustration
- Driver Side Mirror Stuck in Auto Dim mode
- 2016 Chevelle or 2015 130r
- Push to Talk
- Bluetooth contacts not downloading (2013 Malibu / Samsung Galaxy S3)