General Motors will grace its engine plant in Romulus, Michigan with $385 million in order to prepare it for the production of an all-new fuel efficient engine program. GM says the move will create or retain around 320 jobs. The plant currently employs 840 workers running on two shifts, and builds V6 and V8 engines found in GM’s mid-sized and full-sized trucks, full-sized vans and full-sized SUVs.
GM Authority is hiring! Submit your application today!
- Previous story Car & Driver Hoons With The Chevrolet Caprice PPV (Video)
- Next story Elvis Presley’s 1955 Cadillac Fleetwood Limo Up For Auction
You may also like...
General Motors To Officially Add Next-Gen Cadillac SRX, Engine Production To Spring Hill
General Motors Reportedly Working On $37 Million Expansion For Lansing Delta Assembly Plant
Holden Engine Operations Builds Millionth High Feature V6
Login or Register
GM Authority Newsletter
Fresh Off The Press
- Gray Market C7 Corvette Stingray Listed At Over $280,000 USD In ChinaSeptember 2, 2014
- General Motors Revises Dealer Technician Protocols After Receiving ComplaintsSeptember 2, 2014
- Shanghai GM Launches MyChevy Online 4S Store In ChinaSeptember 2, 2014
- 2016 Opel Antara SUV RenderedSeptember 2, 2014
- Will Power Locks In First Ever IndyCar ChampionshipSeptember 2, 2014
- This Is How GM Will Reportedly Combat Distracted DrivingSeptember 2, 2014
- Cadillac LTS Flagship To Debut In NYCAugust 7, 2014
- Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?August 28, 2014
- General Motors To Halt Production At Lansing Grand River Following Slow ATS, CTS SalesAugust 9, 2014
- Cadillac XTS May Be Axed Following Introduction Of New Cadillac Full-Size SedanAugust 5, 2014
- Holden Commodore Replacement Reportedly Won’t Be Built In China, But EuropeAugust 29, 2014
- Yes, Virginia, The 2015 CTS Loses Its Wreath In This New Official PhotoAugust 8, 2014
- Engin agac on:General Motors Reportedly Resisting NHTSA Push To Recall Full-Size Trucks
- David1256 on:Dismal GM Sales In Japan Reportedly Due To “Lack Of Effort,” Lack Of RHD Models
- DenMor on:Dismal GM Sales In Japan Reportedly Due To “Lack Of Effort,” Lack Of RHD Models
- scott3 on:Dismal GM Sales In Japan Reportedly Due To “Lack Of Effort,” Lack Of RHD Models
- geoff1133 on:Community Question: What’s The Best Looking Sedan GM Sells Right Now?
- geoff1133 on:Dismal GM Sales In Japan Reportedly Due To “Lack Of Effort,” Lack Of RHD Models
Recent Forum Discussions
- 2012 Terrain Nav RPT function won"t work
- Any Cadillac Convertibles to return?
- 2014 sierra parking gear reamains in neutral
- '14 Impala (new style) base radio audio quality issue
- MyLink USB/Flash Drive and Music library
- 2015 Suburban adaptive cruise control issues
- Bluetooth not working on my 2014 Buick Encore
- 2014 Impala Recall GM Recall # N140476 Remedy not yet available.
- 2015 Yukon XL Denali Issues
- Exhaust outlet stains on CTS Vsport