Here they are, ladies and gents — all the facts, figures, and other characteristics of the Camaro ZL1. Unfortunately, price is still a question mark, but Chevy did say that it will be “in line” with the competition.
- Wheelbase – 112.3
- Length – 190.4
- Height – 54.2
- Front Track – 63.7
- Rear Track – 63.7
- Weight – 4,120 pounds
- Weight distribution: 51/49
- Compression ratio 9.1:1
- Horsepower: 580 (427) @ 6000
- Torque: 556 (754) @ 4200
*Both HP and Torque are SAE-certified
- Dual mode exhaust system – cast stainless steel exhaust manifolds, stainless steel with active valves and quad 3.5″ bright tips. The system is low on restriction, tuned for maximum performance, and will deliver a potent sound that’s also not overwhelming.
- Optional on coupe only – rollbar delete.
- Ashen Gray
- Imperial Blue Metallic
- Inferno Orange Metallic
- Rally Yellow
- Silver Ice Metallic
- Summit White
- Victory Red
- Crystal Red Tintcoat
The ZL1 will offer two 20-inch wheel options, both of which have been tested and engineered to the highest standards.
- 10-spoke with black low-gloss clear coat design, forged aluminum and the Camaro logo
- 5-spoke design (pictured) with polished face and a high-gloss clearcoat. These are an entire 11 pounds lighter than the units on the 2SS models
When driving in temperatures under 40 degrees Fahrenheit, the tires will “scrub” like those on the Corvette. It may be a good idea to have a second set of rubber for the cold.
- Forged aluminum wheels (as described above)
- Optional exposed weave Carbon Fiber hood insert. The standard insert is painted black.
- Optional power sunroof
- Optional stripe package
- Standard six-speed manual
- Optional six-speed automatic with TAPshift steering wheel controls
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Optional suede microfiber interior package – steering wheel, shifter, shift boot
- Four-pack auxiliary gauges (with boost readout)
- Standard Alloy pedal covers
- Six-way power driver and passenger seats
- Heated leather high-performance seats with microfiber suede inserts
- Lateral G and optimum shift points added to the HUD
- ZL1 sill plates
- Bluetooth for select phones
- Boston Acoustics premium nine-speaker system
- Rear camera display in mirror
- Rear park assist
- USB port
- PDIM (Preferred Device Interface Module)
- XM Satellite with 3 trial months
Allocation, Ordering & Pricing
- Total coupes built for 2012 will be less than the total amount of Chevy dealers. New estimated production guides will be released Q2 of 2012. According to a dealer webinar, production quantity will be “in line” with the competition.
- ZL1 orders will begin next week (10/31/2011) but can be entered into the system on two days prior on 10/29.
- Pricing will be announced in November. The price will be “competitive”