The 2012 Buick Enclave won’t see nearly as many updates as the rest of the Buick lineup like the 2012 LaCrosse and Regal. In fact, you’d be hard pressed to identify the 2012 Enclave among 2010s and 2011s.
Nevertheless, Buick’s full-size crossover will follow the LaCrosse in dumping CXL badging and replacing the CX and CXL trim levels for stair-step equipment packages. For instance, the 1SB Equipment Group will replace the base CX, 1SD will replace the CX equipped with the Driver Confidence Package, and 1SL and 1SN will take over for the CXL-1 and CXL-2 trims, respectively.
Also of note is the deletion of three exterior colors — Cyber Gray Metallic, Gray Green Metallic, and Red Jewel Tintcoat — as well as the addition of Red Crystal Tintcoat, which — as is the case with other GM products — will see interim availability due to supply constraints.
Lastly, the 2012 Enclave will see dealer-installed black roof rack cross rails and the (all-important) AWD badge.
The GM Authority Take
This as weak of an update if we’ve ever seen one. How about implementing the IntelliLink infotainment system into this flagship Buick CUV? How about eliminating cloth seating surfaces? And why not replace the 3.6 liter LLT with a more powerful LFX? Looks like none of those are in the cards for this round of updates…
And that — ladies and gents — is how Buick will keep a vehicle that has remained otherwise unchanged since its launch in May 2007 competitive in 2012! Don’t worry, you’re absolutely right if you just kinda-sorta asked WTF of yourself…
- (57U) Cyber Gray Metallic, exterior color
- (GGU) Gray Green Metallic, exterior color
- (80U) Red Jewel Tintcoat, exterior color
- CXL badge
- (89U) Crystal Red Tintcoat exterior color. Interim availability. Additional charge – premium paint.
- (VQQ) LPO, Black roof rack cross rails
- AWD Badge
- New 1SB Equipment Groups replace 2011 Model Year base CX (FWD/AWD) models
- New 1SD Equipment Groups replace 2011 Model Year CX (FWD/AWD) models with (PCI) Driver Confidence Package
- New 1SL Equipment Groups replace 2011 Model Year CXL-1 1XL (FWD/AWD) models
- New 1SN Equipment Groups replace 2011 Model Year CXL-2 2XL (FWD/AWD) models
- (89U) Red Crystal Tintcoat – Interim availability. Additional charge – premium paint