Boy does Vauxhall have a gift for you this holiday season! In a move that even caters to those who’ve been naughty over the past year, the folks at Luton have come out with the Vauxhall Countdown – a 20 percent discount on nearly all new models in the Vauxhall lineup.
Vauxhall Countdown, which runs between December 27, 2010 and January 31, 2011, comes right on the heels of a widely-publicized VAT (value-added tax) increase of 2.5 percent set to take effect January 4, 2011. To offset the impending tax hike, the promotion is capable of taking up to a significant £6,165 ($9,540) off the totally raw Insignia VXR, £4,685 on the spacious, practical and fun Astra Sports Tourer, and up to £3400 on the gleeful and sensible Corsa. According to Vauxhall, the more upmarket the vehicle, the bigger the discount.
The GM Authority Take
Good on Vauxhall for offering this very generous discount ahead of what’s sure to become a noticeable tax rate increase. Here are some more examples of deals that can be obtained with the Vauxhall Countdown:
- A discount of over £3,190 on an Astra 1.4 Exclusiv
- Savings start from £1890 on the entire Agila range
- Savings up to £3400 on Corsa
- Astra Sports Tourer (launched three weeks ago in the UK) carries discounts between £3,300 and £4,685
- Insignia VXR drops by £6,165 to just over £26,150